The project's specific objectives, which directly address and resolve the below-mentioned problems:
1. Development of a new MSc curriculum in photonics and optical communications at 4 Uzbek universities;
2. Capacity building of 4 Uzbek universities in photonics and optical communications education;
3. Establishment of modern photonics and optical communications laboratories in 4 Uzbek universities;
4. Pilot testing and starting implementation of joint modules/courses during the last project year;
5. Strengthening university-industry cooperation to meet labor market needs.
A wider objective of the project is to create an infrastructure and system for training new generation of engineers in Photonics and Optical communications. These engineers will be able to solve local and regional ICT challenges of public administration institutions, industries and private consumers in Uzbekistan.